Cradiator has a new name (previously BigVisibleCruise2). This new release includes some touch ups and essentials for voice synthesis, config and showing progress during network activity.
I modified the 2.5x release to become 2.6 It contains 1 extra feature (see bottom of list below). Apart from new skins, I think most of the functionality of Cradiator is now done. So I wanted to get a release out to coincide with this.
- Voice Name used in speech synthesis is configurable - see SpeechVoiceName. The voice name does not have to be exactly correct, for example william is close enough to select the Cepstral William voice. If the name is ambiguous then the first matching name, in alphabetical order, will be selected
- Filter by Category - using configuration property CategoryRegEx. This filter is in addition to filtering by project name ProjectNameRegEx. The default Regex is ".*" - even if an empty string is set. Must edit config file directly for this - not added to the Settings Dialog
- Added more config settings to the Settings Dialog. Previously, many settings required config file editing
- Removed the assumption http:// at the beginning of the URL (to cater for https)
- Progress bar - the data fetch is now performed on a separate thread so progress can be shown on the main screen (if configured) in the form of an "indeterminate" progress indicator. This is useful for getting some visual indication of when the update has happened
- Variables can now be used in the speech text (FixedBuildText and BrokenBuildText) eg BrokenBuildText="$ProjectName$ is broken, $Breaker$, you're fired!"
- "Real Names" can be specified for usernames (in config) so that unpronounceable usernames can be spoken by the speech synthesizer - eg jsmith can be configured to be spoken as "John Smith" - see usernames section in the configuration file (eg <usernames> <add key="jsmith" value="John Smith"/> </usernames>)
- Change the strategy used to determine the BuildBreaker (First/Last) - does the First breaker stay guilty or do subsequent comitters take on the responsibility
Under The Hood
- Refactoring of Converters (and deletion of some that were unused) to use the DI mechanism to resolve their dependencies (by use of MarkupExtensions)
- Refactored XAML to use more styles and less repetition
- Work on main screen layout for flexibility in positioning
NB This release is not compatible with the XML format changes made in CCnet 1.5