- MultiView - multiple Views can now be configured - each with it's own URL, Skin, ProjectNameRegEx and CategoryRegEx
- A View is defined by these 4 configuration items. All other configuration items (PollFrequency, ShowCountdown etc) still apply in the same way ie to all Views.
- Each View is shown and then switched (on a rotation cycle) at each poll interval (default 30 seconds)
- If there is only 1 View, then Cradiator operates as it did without this feature
- As with other config, Views can be modified while Cradiator is running - Cradiator will re-read the config and apply everything - with the caveat that when config is modified, the View rotation will be reset - (eg if View #3 of 4 was showing, and the config is modified, the View will restart at #1)
In configuration terms, the MultiView functionality changes the following (old) config...
<add key="URL" value="http://teamcity/guestAuth/cradiator.html?projectId=1"/>
<add key="Skin" value="StackPhoto"/>
<add key="ProjectNameRegEx" value=".*"/>
<add key="CategoryRegEx" value=".*"/>
To this new MultiView config:
To allow multiple views to be set like this:
<!-- Note, multiple urls can still be specified - multiple URL's add more data to one view
<view url="http://proj1/XmlStatusReport.aspx http://proj2/XmlStatusReport.aspx"
If you're updating Cradiator from an earlier release, we have written a Migration tool to update the config for you.
The installer will prompt you to migrate your config file (Cradiator.exe.config
) if found.
The migration executable (Cradiator.MigrateConfig.ToMultiView.exe
) is copied into the installation directory, in any case.
NB If editing the config manually, you also need to add a configuration section:
<section name="views" type="System.Configuration.IgnoreSectionHandler"/>
- Took away auto appending of "xmlstatusreport.aspx" to a URL - really just hides potential problems, the full URL should always be specified
- Connectivity and Input hardening - Cradiator went down while TeamCity was being restarted as it would send unrelated html which couldn't be parsed (and exception handling wasn't hard enough)
Sound notification only happens for a particular view if it's showing at the time it fails
Note, the source code for this release is hosted at GitHub https://github.com/PandaWood/Cradiator/tree/v2.8